Friday, September 16, 2005

Self -posted for illustrationfriday


Self..I grieve, with all depth, I mourne for what and who once was, and what never was.
I mourne for all the "hims", it seems.

-My lover
-My Father
-My "should be" lover
-My comforter

Perhaps they died. Perhaps I never allowed them to be.

I grieve for myself. And I, myself, am grief.

( older drawing...done when near the time my Dad died of lung cancer...but the loss felt ranges far and wide in my inner ladscape..and applies to so much, and so many others. )

( I have a hell of alot more tattoos then I did at that time. This was "tattoo summer" for me.)

I want to thank someone, who means more than words could ever convey, for suggesting this pic for this theme. I was a bit stumped.

6 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

This really captures the sense of emptiness and despair. It's heartbreaking just to look at... the white/grey that surrounds you, like ice or empty space, enhances the feeling of loss. Your posture here also shows the depth of your feelings. I hope that you're feeling happier now.

I think we should have a tattoo day...people could post pictures of their tattoos and tell the story behind them. Do you have any that you designed yourself?

Fri Sep 16, 07:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops...used my old ID...oh well...its still me.

Fri Sep 16, 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger carla said...

Those are really pretty! I love the hummingbird and flower motif you have going there...it's really very lyrical and unusual looking. I also like the flowering vine on your arm...the placement works so well with the contours of your arm and hand. I don't have photographs of my two little tattoos. I have a stylized scorpion on my right ankle and and very beautiful sunface on the very lower back. That's it for me, though!

Sat Sep 17, 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger diosaperdida said...

You're the greatest Carla...you always brighten my day.

Sat Sep 17, 03:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice BLOG site here! We'll tell folks about it. By the way,

Here is an AMAZING website site we ran across.
Lower Back Pain
It contains very helpful info about Lower Back Pain.
Please come by for a visit. You won't regret it!

Sat Sep 17, 03:20:00 PM  
Blogger diosaperdida said...

That is the weirdest spam I ever recieved.
Erm...thanks alot back pain person.

Sat Sep 17, 03:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?