Saturday, May 06, 2006

sugar rush "fat" for illustration friday


My keyboard is giving me heck...so in short: This is an older peice that I did to warn myself of the perils of giving into my sweet tooth. A long time diabetic, I have battled against the lure of the evil cake for a years. I didnt take my own warning, and now fight with my own nervous sysem for control of fluid movement, and daily functioning. I am also in pain and shake. With time and my new resolve to take myinsulin and eat right..it hopefully will improve. Until then I am on nuerontin which does help some and hopefully w'll see more participation from me ( in illo friday) both in art and commenting on other illos.
"Cake aint worth it"...it's my new motto.
Sorry about the small size and the boarder...long story. Will one day remove that boarder.

6 Comments:

Blogger HARDWAX said...

I have close family members who are diabetic, it's a very difficult road, so many temptations.

Beautiful, expressive artwork!

Sat May 06, 01:01:00 PM  
Blogger diosaperdida said...

Thank you!

Sun May 07, 01:02:00 AM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

Hang in there- I love the way the food has exploded all over his face. Keep them coming- I hope you feel better.

Sun May 07, 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger diosaperdida said...

Thanks Tony. Nice to see you.

Sun May 07, 09:19:00 PM  
Blogger carla said...

It's so good to see a post from you...I hope you'll keep taking care of yourself so you can stay healthy! This illustration is very compelling! It certainly does make the cake look evil...excellent tecnique and a strong message!

Mon May 08, 09:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cake really is evil isn't it? One piece is never enough. Well keep this illustration around to steer you on the straight and narrow. Good luck and a powerful piece. (Har har- piece, get it?)

Tue May 09, 12:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?